Lazer Z with 3-Bagger Option

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Scenic Shrubs, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Scenic Shrubs

Scenic Shrubs LawnSite Member

Does the Lazer Z , 3-Bagger , come with the weights. or is that extra? How simple is it to take on/off? Lastly, I have been bagging with a Walker for 8yrs. Was thinking about switching over to using Laser Hp for everything. Will I be sorry?

2. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

The weights came with my ultra vac. The whole system is very easy to take on and off. 1 person can take the 3 bagger on and off but it does take a little strength. 2 people can do it very easily! I can't say if you will be sorry or not for switching from a Walker. A lot of people use both in their businesses around here.

3. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Mine came with the weights also. I can get mine off by myself without a problem, but I have found it easier to get the hood and bagger assembly off, if I lift one side and put something under it to hold it in place, then lift the whole thing off. I can get the whole thing off in easily under 5 mins.

4. Scenic Shrubs

Scenic Shrubs LawnSite Member

Thanks Guys. I was even toying with the idea of buy a walk behind catcher for a pinch until I found it cost $500. I Think I will just get the 3 bagger.

5. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I dont think I have read a single bad thing about the Ultra Vac, you should be very happy with your purchase

6. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

The Ultra Vac works very well. My neighbor has the QDS on his 60" AS and I have used it on my yard (1 acre of grass). He uses his every week on his irrigated lawn for the past 3 years and has had no problems. If you have not seen one installed in person be aware that the machines become very large. When using it near or against fences and walls you have to be very careful. If you are cutting parallel with a fence or wall and are within 2-3 feet you cannot just turn away or the catcher will hit. You will have to back up and away first. My neighbor has caught and bent his aluminum fence at least 2 times that I know of. Around obstacles you will have to run slower and remember there is more machine behind you than in front of you. The only other thing I noticed when using it was the machine shook a lot when engaging the PTO. I was engaging at around 1/2 throttle. My neighbor does a lot of engaging and dis-engaging at full throttle along with shaking the sticks to get the grass out and his machine is still working. I expect it to be failing soon. I don't know what Exmark recommends with the Ultra Vac. That would be a good question for Lenny to answer.

7. FarmerJP

FarmerJP LawnSite Member

hey cybervision do you still have the super mini Z? If so I think I may have a solution to the unsatisfactory cut that you have. I have the 52" super mini Z with the 25 Hp Kaw.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I think the Lazer HP has only the two bagger ultravac. its eight bushels just like on the walker mower. You will cut faster but the out front deck on the walker gets where the mid-mount cannot.

9. Gary Sharbonno

Gary Sharbonno LawnSite Member

I have been intersted in the UltraVac system for some time. I have a 2007 model lazer z HP with a Triton Deck 46" Could someone please post some pictures of what the machine actually looks like from different angles with the bagging system attached. Any comments good or bad would really be appreciated. Is it to big, to heavy, or does it just plane old get in the way? My yard is big 2 plus acres. It has normal trees, house, and gardens to mow around.

Thanks for your time in advance.
    Gary