lazer z xs

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Mowerboy04, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys, i found a used exmark lazer z xs, has a kubota diesel, 2004, 60" ultra cut deck, 513 hours, its been used by a home owner for the last season and before that it was used to cut a rest stop along the highway. its in fairly nice shape and hes asking 6,000 for it. Do you guys think i should jump on it? also most of the yards i do are residential and i have 2 commerical most my residential yards are a little smaller then 1 acre do you guys think that this mower will be to big for residential? i also have 2 walk behinds a 36" and a 44 so i could use those on my really small lawns. thanks guys any input you have would be great i'm going to look at the mower this afternoon for the second time. thanks
    alex

2. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Scag is coming out with the 25hp kubota diesel this year and my dealer said not to buy it because it is gutless with a 61" or 72" deck. Bogs down in thick grass so bad that you have to stop and wait for the engine to pick its rpm's back up. I haven't tried one, so I'm just repeating what I was told.

3. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

Exmark did not have an XS or a kubota in 2004

4. Mowerboy04

interesting, i'm going to have to send the guy another email and see what the deal is he told me thats what it was i'm going to have to double check thanks for the info. anyone else have an oppion on the desil xs.
    thanks
    alex

5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Nope, no XS in 2004. The Kubota diesel didn't get added until 2006. Somebody doesn't have their facts straight.

6. Mowerboy04

ok thanks for the input so maybe it isn't a kubota, but i know for sure it is desil, what do you guys think of the desil xs in general, and what type of desil would be in a 2004 modle?
    thanks
    alex

7. Mowerboy04

ok guys i guss i had mixed up the info on the mower its a 2004 with a 3 cylinder briggs diesel. is that good or bad is briggs a good diesel?
    thanks
    alex

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

The research I've done on them has varied. Some say it's crap, most say it's fine. I do believe that Kubota makes the best diesel small engine, however. If I could get a good deal on one, I know I'd jump at the chance. In general any diesel will out last the mower, plus you'll have good power and fuel efficiency. Only downside to a diesel Z is the weight, and on residential lawns it might do more damage than you want. Ultimately you'll have to decide what's best for you and the accounts you have.

9. Mowerboy04

thanks for the advice most of my lawns are about 1 acer, then i have one commerical account that is 8 acers, and one that is about 3. so i don't think size will be much of a problem i'm more woriend about the engine any more thought would be greatly appericated
    thanks
    alex
    don't mind my bad spelling

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatz the price on a briggs diesel 4k.