Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jwl5510, May 12, 2007.

1. jwl5510

jwl5510 LawnSite Member

Anyone compare Exmark to the John Deere 757
    I know the exmark 60" is a great mower but what about the 60"757

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

3. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

I have used the deere quit a bit and own a 60 Exmark they are both good mowers but I like the Hustler for where I am, just plain more productive in FL!

4. jwl5510

jwl5510 LawnSite Member

exmark once you get over 23 hp you have to go with a Kohler or vanguard engine

Think i WANT A kAWASAKI

5. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought an exmark 60" AS. Came with a 28HP Kawisaki. Collection system also, of course. If I had to choose, I'd sell my kids into slavery than to be without this machine :D

6. jwl5510

jwl5510 LawnSite Member

good to know my dealer said he only could go 23 hp in a Kaw

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

No they have Kawasaki on almost all models, even the AS but it's new to that line this year. Your dealer may have left over 06 models or not be aware of the change. I think I'm on my 6th or 7th Kohler without a repair though. Zero....

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have the AS series it's a 52" cut and I love it.....

9. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

jwl5510: I remember my dealer saying the 28hp kawi was a 2007 feature.

10. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

I have both and both have their good points. The JD will cut wet grass well and hold hills like no other although whatever you cut off comes out the chute, it doesn't cut clippings very fine. The exmark will flat out run circles around the deer on the flat ground or moderate slopes. If I didn't have steep hills I'd go with the exmark for everything. Clean cut, smooth ride nice machine. Both have been mechanically sound machine brands.