Lazer ZHP versitile?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Coumbe, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 32" Metro that I love. I can get into a lot of gates with it. I want to get a ZT for lawns with no gates and larger properties. DO customers care how big your machines are? Can it hurt business to have a large mower that you ride on?
    If I get one that has a 48" cut would I regret not getting the 52"? Thanks for your help...

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Big Mowers On Small props Can Be a problem. Lazer HP Is Small So You Should Do Fine. Do Get The 52 Better trim And a Little Faster.
    John.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the 52". It has the speed of the full size lazers. It has great trim side ability. Great hill holding ability. I run mulch kits on all mowers, so I can mow anywhere and not worry about clippings. This also gives me trimming on both sides. I have a 48" w/b and the 52" will go anywhere I could take a 48".

4. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

65hoss is your 52" a HP? Or is it the full size?

5. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

4 inches more.go with the 52

i also agree with the other gamba.....LOL

mike gambardella

6. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

I got a lazer z hp 52 and ive used a lazer z hp 48 before.
    The 48 has no trim side at all or very little.
    The cut of 48 is just as good aint nothin wrong with its cut.
    If i were you id go with the 52 more trim side and faster ground speed.
    Also you can put the ultra vac on and have a great leaf collecting system.
    As mentioned holds hills great ,just a great all around cutting machine.Cuts great stripes great.

7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

ok Eric lets have some more details..you always tell me how great your hp52 holds hills...what is the max degree of slope you are able to mow safely horizonally?...not up and down....after a year with this mower(yes I now love this mower), I might be too conservative when that front wheel starts to raise up. I have one property that I want to put the Z on more, but I always chicken out and go with a smaller walk behind...degree of slope is what I'm looking for...

re: this post...buy the 52...no question about...the trim side is excellent

8. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Yipes - I thought I had some steep lawns (can only mow across) but I have never had the uphill castor wheel start to lift.. Whoo Whee I would have a smelly ride home.
    BobR

9. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

buy those weights that you get with the bagger.trust me they do help.i have them for all my mowers even the W/Bs,but you may have to adjust the deck a little due to the extra weight,but i never had to

10. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I lifted the front castors on my Z many times. A couple I rode on out because the top was level and was sooo close. When the mower started over the flat part at the top that was probably when I thought that I bought the farm for sure, because the wheels were still in the air.