LazerZ X-Series E-Gov EFI'd Big Block

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TLS, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I kinda wondered the same thing. I understand their reasoning (they say in the video it causes less matting or pulping or something like that). I would like to see a video that shows it cutting in each mode on wet grass on the same property and day.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

If it acctually does help that would be HUGE for us wet cutters!! Maybe less vacuum to keep the deck cleaner? I always thought it was a combination of small clippings and huge vacuum packing the deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I gotta think it could only help the Exmarks. They are so tightly baffled that anything is bound to reduce the packking issue.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The low RPM setting may help for wet, but it won't likely have the lift necessary to stand it up and cut it clean.

Then again, my mower needs full RPM to work the pumps and the big blades I have to run. With plenty of hp on this big block EFI, it'll have plenty of power at any RPM!

5. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I see the oil filter is on top facing down. I wonder if the oil will drain out when changing oil? Or not and make a mess?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

I bet the price will be plenty. I have a call into my dealer to get me a price. That seat sure looks comfy. It would be weird without a throttle. I wish more mowers would go to a three position throttle, even if they were not efi. I am either at idle, mid and full open. Mostly idle and wide open
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

This is why they cost so dam much....

8. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

According to what they say for fuel savings I'd save around 1000 per year. Keep the mower 5 years is 5000 saved. So if its a 12000 mower, take savings off and its a 7000 mower. Thats if its accurate. And used efficiently.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I guess older Exmarks are different, but virtually every commercial mower that has or currently exists, already has this option. It's called a throttle control and I use mine quite often.

I think the manufacturer taking complete control over the throttle is a bad idea. Am I to understand that you must use their throttle settings for every circumstance? What if you just want the engine to idle at 1200 RPM before you shut the mower off?

The steady governor speed is nice though. I do have a question about it though. How are you supposed to know when you're cutting too fast or are about to choke the engine out due to too much load? With the old style of governor, you knew when the engine RPM dropped that you should maybe slow down a bit. With no engine drop you won't know when the deck is loading up until the belts squeal or the engine dies.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck with that. And again, let me point out that you can use the throttle control to lower RPM on your current mower if you want to save fuel. It's the exact same thing that Exmark is doing with RED. Lowering the RPM by 200.