1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazy lawn company

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I posted earlier of an lco who's letting weeds get overgrown. Here's the opposite end of the spectrum. He's using a nonselective. Looks like he's trying to save on trimmer line. I won't post any other pictures to save space but, you get the picture. He's even sprayed the length of a split rail fence. It looked better with the weeds, at least they were green.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

How do you know he is not trying to kill off to make a bed--

By the way, Nice area "Mayberry" Just a tad up 77.
  3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I do the same thing, though not NEARLY as dramatic.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

But look out once he learns about PGR'S!!!!
  5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

DONT u think it loos GOOD??????????
  6. D&R

D&R LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Here the thing.....You don't know what kind of contract or deal the customer has with service. I have two yards that want mow only and then my customers spray round up around everything that I can't get next to with my WB. I hate doing this, but they wanted their grass cut cheap and that was it. I hate it becasue it makes me look like I don't do a good job, but the customer knows best.......er......sometimes.:confused:
  7. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I had enough time in my day to worry about bad work from other companies.
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

We have a few companies here that do the same thing. I think they learned that from our city school district, I don't think they have any trimming left to do on the school grounds, all has been killed with Round-up.
  9. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

Broke down in Mt. Airy a long time ago. Had to stay 3 days. Goober, Gomer, Barney and Otis looked at it. Couldn't figure it out. Had to go to Raleigh to get a part. Aunt Bee set me up real nice. That was a experience I will never forget. Of course the kind people helping me were not as comical as in the show, but the town definitely is Mayberry. Lovely place.
  10. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

Too much green left. Would never happen with GASOLINE