1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lazy like me??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fcl01, Jul 22, 2004.

1. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Is anyone else lazy like me? Ive lived in my house for 4 yrs. and i just now landscaped my own friggin house! I guess its true when they say that doctors are always sick, mechanics drive beaters, and lawn and landscape "professionals" live in sh&^holes.

Just wondering.

2. spin2098

spin2098 LawnSite Member

I hear you my lawn is always the last to be cut. My wife threatened to hire another company to cut my own yard.

3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I know what you mean. The guy I used to work for had more trash than grass in his front lawn and a pile of broken cinder blocks for a front porch.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

My back lawn gets cut about every 2 weeks these days.............
    Front lawn gets cut regularly because I cut the next door neighbors.......................

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I guess I need to get busy working. I have time to cut my lawn every 4 days. It's time to get busy making more money. lol

6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

The plumber's faucets leak worse than anyone else's, right?

7. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

yeah, i work too much. thats my new excuse. thanks woody

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

It only took me 4 weeks to plant some trees at my house that my father bought. Only took 3 weeks to get around to digging the holes. Thank god I had a rented Mini track hoe on a job up the street. So I drove it home during lunch. Only took 15 mins, but If I didn't have it would have taken a couple of hours to do it by hand. It still took me another week to get them in the ground.

I got fertilizer for my lawn that has been sitting here for 2 months.

If there is money to be made, free jobs can wait.

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I've stopped fertilizing my lawn so it doesn't grow so fast. Right now I cut it every 2 or 3 weeks. Everybody compliments us on all the flowers we planted. Actually we paid my wife's sister to do it for us.

10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

my patio has about 50 ft of edging that still needs to be cut in. sadly its on the bottom of my 'todo' list when my schedule is so busy.