Lazy people

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Apr 28, 2004.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Finally I got something that I want to moan about.

Today I'm out running around spreading fertilizer. Gotta do the car dealer road. I've got 3 dealerships on the same road. I'm always there on Wednesdays.

1 dealership knows I'm there on Wednesdays, and never park cars on the grass.

Another dealership sees me mowing at the first dealership and the salesmen all get the keys and have the cars moved before I'm there. If they aren't all moved, I go in and tell them there's cars and they're moved.

The last dealership I move the cars. They're Caddy's so it's kinda nice, not some old beater used car lot.

Anyways, I move them, since in the past I would always have to wait until salesmen were "freed-up". I'd walk in and immediately everyone would have a "hot deal" ringing off the hook.

After charging the dealership 4 different times for my time to sit and wait for salesmen to get out and move cars, the manager showed me where the keys are and said I can move them. All right, cool, no more waiting around. Usually just 4-6 cars anyways, anymore than that and I drive by, call them, tell them I'll be back in 2 hours and have the cars moved please.

Today I move a car off the grass, spread my fertilizer, then go to move the car back on the grass. No luck, dead battery. Not-so-nice Caddy after all. Anyways, I walk up to the nearest salesman and say "here's the key to that Caddy over there, it's got a dead battery". He says to me "walk around back and find a lot guy, he'll have a jumpbox for you"

I looked at him... walked around back and through the shop and found the lot guy, told him the deal and gave him the key, I'm not about to find a jumpbox and jump their car for them.

When I was all done, I went in and told the manager why the car was still sitting there and told him what the salesman had said, he just shook his head.

Nothing like lazy people.

2. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Must pay real good to put up with all that ****

3. EnvEdge

EnvEdge LawnSite Member

I can guarantee one of two things, the first time you blow grass on the Caddy they will all be moved next time, or you will lose the account.

Just tell them your insurance company does not cover such things on your part and they will have to be moved by the dealership.

You give an inch they'll take a mile.

4. jcr_17

jcr_17 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Well if you charge for having to wait then you should charge for having to go find the shop guy and boy would I charge out the azz!