1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lcf Anyone?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawn, Nov 8, 2007.

1. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to get an LCF any recommendations?
  2. rootslawnservice

rootslawnservice LawnSite Member

What's a LCF ?
  3. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

I drove a 4x4 fuso i liked the truck but it was very slow with a load on .you have to put the pedal to the floor all the time .The ford has 55hp more .I liked the rugby body . My truck was built and sitting on the lot. I payed about 34000 +_ The truck is great to work out of . I move dirt around the job sites with it. I haven't needed my bobcat much i just drive into the yard and fill the truck and dump with the spreader gate .Im a builder GC so i dident need a 19000 lb gvw truck. I can pull a 12000lb dump trailer up a steep grade at 35mph . Pulling the trailer with my mini ex i get about 11 mpg . driving around town i get 15 mpg , on the hi way at 55mph on CC i get about 17 mpg .I liked the f 550 but it was around 55000 + tax .I drive fords ,so i bought the ford .I dont like the 6.0 ps so i wont but another one. My wife has a 03 EX with the 6.0 ps and it been great 20 mpg . My 06 f 350 got about 12 mpg ? why ??? The ford dealer is down the street if i need service. The lcf has a 6 CYL ps diesel thats 2 less cyl to explode 25 % less problems.
  4. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I Bought A Ford Lcf L55 2007 Brand New. A Beauty, Like My Wife. Lol
  5. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Pictures? Details? Specs?
  6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I've been considering the LCF but now Isuzu is putting out 205 hp. Decisions, decisions.
  7. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Only a few yrs left for the LCF . Ford is going to be discontinuing them after 09. It hasnt been a good seller for them.
  8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Cab overs are not big sellers look at Hino discontinuing cab overs for the North American market. Look at class 8 trucks the only cab over you can get is custom ordered. Mack still sells the MR but its mostly refuse applications.

I'am not surprised Ford is going to stop making the LCF.
  9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i have one on order, should be here at the end on the month (may)
  10. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe not where you live, but they are very common around here.