LCO doesnt show up for 3 weeks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, May 30, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

A client of mine's neighbor came out one day to get a quote over a month ago for their lawn. Since it was right next to one i do already for this season, i told them $28.00 per cut, which is $2-4 less than i normally would have told her if i was not already there.

anyway, since then, i noticed it appears another company cut it twice, then nothing for most of May 08. The grass next to the property that i cut was way over a foot tall in most of the back lot, and THICK, not just a few weeds 12-16" tall you know.

I go over there today to finalize some landscape work, curious about the lawn now, and after we cut the neighbors house at 2pm, by 7pm, theirs is now mowed, bagged and all lol.

I asked the homeowner about it, and they said they had called them to find out if they were comming out this week or not and were possibly going to have us start to cut it because the other company had not shown up for the last two cuts, now 3 weeks of grass.

If i dont show up because of rain for a friday, i get flooded with calls saturday to find out if i am comming to cut the lawn. If i told any of them that because of the rain we were backed up and cant get out there for another week or TWO, goddam i would loose every account lol.

IT MUST BE REAL CHEAP to be so patient with this company if my weekly cut rate was $28 and guaranteed to get cut each week on thurs/friday lol

Its a company too not just a guy in a pickup

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Maybe the customer only wants every 2 weeks? I know what you mean about customers calling. We could have tornadoes and people would wonder why I'm not there.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Different folks, different strokes.

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Well thats all i was implying, was that any of my own customers would call up even if there was a tornado in NJ wanting it cut within a few days, not the next week. These people still keep this company even though they "missed" two weekly cuts, so they cut 3 weeks of grass when they finally showed up lol

5. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats how it works. We see lawns that look horrible with clipping just left and stringers sticking up every where and will skip a few weeks at a time. thenshow up for three weeks straight then skip a few and the people will not switch. But when you give them the best lawn on the block and far surpass any other lawn service they have ever had. You get one day behind and they are on the phone quick.

They will never leave that type of service we can never figure it out. Even when we find out they are charging an insane amount for the service they are performing. I guess some people just like fat slobs with their shirt of running mowers on their property, while his teeth missing crackhead is digging a hole straight to china with the line trimmer. Either that are they or they are afraid to get rid of them.

sometimes they will even ask, hey how much are you charging them to make their lawn look so good. We tell them and that is usually the end of the conversation, even when they say they are paying more for a crappier job. It just doesn't make sense.