LCO duties during winter months

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by b727guru, Feb 9, 2006.

1. b727guru

b727guru LawnSite Member

I drive around town every day and notice something odd. ( at least from this point of view).

Why do I see LCOs carrying their trailer around town completely full with all the equipment they own. To me this is a great time to unload that ZTR or walkbehind and loose some of that load for fuel conservation pruposes.

Unless you're mowing in the winter ( Bermuda is dormant here) why carry all your equipment around town day in and day out?

Just an observation and curious; not critizing...
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

They might have fall clean ups to fininish, and most companies around here use a ZTR for fall cleanups so..........
  3. b727guru

b727guru LawnSite Member

Well that answers early winter questions and the need to either mulch or bag leaves. I didn't think about that.

But the rest of the year?

You could leave that thing at home for at least 3 months without having to carry it around town all day.
  4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe they have self-esteem issues and by carrying their equipment around it gives them a warm, fuzzy feeling...
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Advertising..........IT got your attention and Im sure others saw it also. When spring comes they might remember the name on the trailer.

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I think ya otta follow them to see where the work is!
  7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

LOL...Now thats funny
  8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats good right there haha

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

maybe they are taking it to auction
  10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

In between snow storms here I ran my mowers to storage and people looked at me like I was nuts:dizzy: I just waved and smiled. Like Sheshovel said follow them to find the work,lol.