LCO gets charged with Felony Assault

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by nosparkplugs, Jul 26, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

My employee's cousin(LCO) caught some young thieves on his personal property stealing/ starting up one of his ZTR mower's on the trailer, others were stealing the handhelds etc. He caught one beating, that one punk thief to the point of unconsciousness, and he is now in the local Trauma unit's ICU with several broken ribs & closed head injury. The police charged the LCO with felony assault in jail right now 150,000 bond:cry:. YOU cannot beat some to the brink of DEATH for stealing.:hammerhead:

Here's the options if you get in this situation: scare them off, do not "fight" them, or Kill them dead with a handgun. Please be careful "defending" your belongings with less than deadly force.

2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I think the smartest way to stop a thief cold, is with pepper spray, a stun gun, and a rope. If I caught someone trying to rip me off on my property, I'd blast 'em with the fiery heat of habanero extract, immobilize them with the stun gun, and then tie up their ankles and wrists with the rope. Then I would call the police. Man, would that be embarrassing for the crook!

3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

questionable choice; however their are more & more cases where less than lethal stun guns / Tazers are causing the same physical trauma as a severe case of whoop arse; their is no carry permit or classes for "less than lethal" methods of defense. Today's thief's are "lawyering up" more and more, and the victim is now on trial.

4. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be more than happy to take that charge and be tried in front of my piers.

5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Best way to deal with them is to call the cops reporting the crime as "in progress". It is a higher priority call and will get the thieves arrested.
    If you want to get more "involved", you can proceed with a "citizen arrest" and if they threaten your life to the point you fear for it, use deadly force to protect it (better have a good attorney though).

6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

hope this ends on a good note!

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, lets think about this. These dudes were trying to steal his stuff, now he is in trouble for protecting HIS stuff on HIS property? WTF? I'd say the thieves damn well got what they deserved.

8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same thing.

9. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

wats this world coming to, first off these idoits shouldnt be stealing stuff, thats so stupid....i hate people

then this guys like im giving you some payback and whopps this guy into shape, so hell never come back...and know hes in jail, LOVE IT

im sure they will let him out when they find out that the ZTR they where trying to steal was worth l;ike $10,000

good luck to him, i hope he gets out...

stupid criminal.

10. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

Simple - He should have waited until the mower was being backed off the trailer then stepped behind it. Shot the one on the mower and said the crook was attempting to run him over then the other guy tried to hit him in the head with one of the handheld untis so he shot him as well. Classic case of self defense - two stupid crooks against one hard working armed citizen. Its a sad day in America where someone can infringe on another persons rights then sue that same person for defending themselves. Thats why if the need ever arises to do anything to protect myself I will use only deadly force. Not to sound morbid or Rambo-ish but then there is only one side of the story for the jury to hear.