LCO gets charged with Felony Assault

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by nosparkplugs, Jul 26, 2008.

1. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

This makes no sense. Two losers steal from a hard working guy and now he suffers because he beat one of em. Sad
    Personally, I think this is a better alternative to shooting someone.

2. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

Thats BS. I am curious why its felony assault though. Did he hit the guy with anything besides his fist, feet etc? If not, it should still fall under simple assault, and simple battery, both being misdemeanor charges

3. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

thief's have rights lol the right to rip u off and then sue u when u beat the crap out of them where r the rights of the owner ummmm there r none welcome to America

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

More than likely its because of the severity of the beatings. The kid was probably disabled after the first punch and just kept beating him and now is in a coma. Once the threat, which there apparently was none, was over he no has no right to the battery he inflicted. However, he will have a good defense and will likely see little jail time. He wasnt attacked, he was the attacker. Thats the way the law works. The kid deserved the beating though.

5. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Thats correct, and when questioned buy the police regarding the severity of the beating his response "he got what he deserved" police arrested him on the spot of Felony assault.

6. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

It's my choice!! I will stand before a judge and explain my action just the same as those equipment steeling basterds would have too, im sure what i would have done to them protect my investments will be justifiable!

7. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

If that happened in Texas, it would be referred to a grand jury without charges. If it happened at night, deadly force is justifiable. End of story...at least here. It sucks that all states don't adopt that policy.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

9. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

God bless Texas. I love the (lack) of pedestrian laws down there too, if I ever leave IL, it will be for Texas.

10. lightninlawn1978-2008

lightninlawn1978-2008 LawnSite Member

MY IDEA IS ON THIS, I have a bad boy on the trailer, and one very bad dog in the yard, the dog gets crook meat for lunch , I do have a sign that says beware of dog , if they hurt the dog they are as good as dead, they can get my stuff, but not my pup