LCO gets charged with Felony Assault

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by nosparkplugs, Jul 26, 2008.

1. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

we were robbed 4th of july weekend stole a truck, trailer and all equipment out of my yard.($65,000.00 lost) Anyway i went and got my ccw permit and told the michiagn state police that i will shoot first and ask question later if this happens agian. told me that would be the only justice i would get because michigan laws protect criminals better than the people. isnt that messed up. So basiclly he was telling me that somone can break in your yard try to steal my stuff and if i touch him in anyway that i would be charged with a crime.

2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats correct. You cannot assult a person unless its self defense. They are stealing not attacking you. I know its frustrating because i too would love to provide them with a new hole.

3. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

Like the other guy said, leave no witness, and whose to say it isn't self-defense?

4. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

does this apply when they brake into your house to steal something, or since that's considered home invasion, is that a different story?
    "my wife and I were having a fight, so i went worked on my equipment in the trailer to calm down and ended up falling asleep. Next thing I now two guys get into my trailer..."
    Does that count as home invasion to, as he was sleeping in the trailer...?

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

What is this world coming to?!! This is killing me reading this! If someone tries to steal what you have busted your *** for, and you defend that by givin him exactly what he deserves, then you get in trouble???!!!??! That is messed up! Here in Texas the law is on our side!!! This has really pissed me off.

6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry bro, that's too long and boring. Texas justice moves faster than anyone could read that piece.

7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

So I guess no one has seen that new movie felon. Since no one has brung it up.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah but anytime there's a murder that's what they all say!
    No really officer, honest it was self defense, yes I'm serious.
    Yes of course, sure it was. :p

Don't make the mistake of assuming the police will automatically take the only story there is.
    They won't, anytime there is a body a full investigation takes place.
    Be it by gun or by hand, whoever attacked could well end up at the very least in a nasty criminal court case.
    And he who holds or held the gun is usually also the prime suspect.

And I hate to agree but if they are only stealing WE can not hurt them, not really.
    Now there is a way to scare the crap out of someone, just don't leave any marks, you can't kill or maim them thou nobody said anything about just making them think they're going to die :p
    But you can't hurt them, not brutally anyhow, so don't leave no bruises that will show later, hear?
    That's about it thou, all you can do is scare the crap out of them.

9. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

i just now saw a dude going "dont taze me bro" in my head haha

10. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Just off the top of my head, would a tranquilizer dart be considered "deadly force"? This is an idea close to mine of using pepper spray--provide quick immobilization with no permanent injury. Then there's this idea I remember seeing on an old episode of Matlock: knock the guy out with a huge block of ice. Yes, ice: a weapon of sorts that can disappear without a trace. When he's out "cold" (from the ice-HA!) you drag his carcass to some distant location with a warning letter taped to his chest. If he ever comes back, most likely to do you in, you can then shoot him for threatening your life, and have your satisfaction.