LCO gets charged with Felony Assault

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by nosparkplugs, Jul 26, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Yeah, this thread has me pissed too. I swear I don't know what I would do if someone tried to jack my stuff. It wouldn't be pretty though.

on a side note, do you ever make it down to Granbury much? You oughtta swing by if you ever do. My dealership is on 51N about 4 miles before you get to Granbury. We handle Scag, Bad Boy, Echo, and as of a few days ago, Husqvarna. :waving:

The office line is 817.573.3930.

2. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome !!
    Gotta love the states that allow you to protect your property!!

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Don't get me wrong, I never said I wouldn't be all for a tail whooping myself.
    I just said you can't do it legally and I think that's the key here, once the perp(s) go to a hospital it's bad news.
    Actually it's once the police get involved, but...

Last I checked they don't make the darts for humans so now we'd have to second-guess which animal tranquilizer won't land them in the ER. Well let's see, should we use the elephant or the horse needle? Then again I suppose one could shoot an empty dart if such exists, but almost as well off using a BB gun and that just won't work.

Personally I like pepper spray, it's a bit gay but oh well.
    You don't even work up a sweat and there's little or less anyone can say or do over that,
    the effect is hard core, but temporary :p

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

well actually, technically, its stil assult, but less likely of charges being filed.

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

You need to move to Texas. You can defend your property here..

6. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Mississippi has laws that allow you to protect your property as well. I know for fact of two or three recent incidents of home intruders being shot and killed in their tracks after they entered or was attempting to enter homes. Not absolutly sure, but I believe the law applies if folks are stealing from your property.

7. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

sorry officer... i yelled stop! dont move! he turned toward me and acted like he was reaching for a gun. look officer... the body even has a gun in its hand.

8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I know its easy to make jokes about killing these people and some may actually do it. But you guys need to remember these are fathers, brothers, sons of other people. For an example my father inlaw was abandoned by his family when he was 9. he lived on the streets and was a pick pocket and thief to survive. One day he was caught in the act and pistol whipped untill unconcious. He was lucky he wasnt shot. Well when he got into his twenties he found God, got married and had 4 kids. He worked hard at a real job and all 4 of his kids graduated college with bachelor degrees except my wife who has a masters in computer engineering. Her father is now a minister and ran for govenor of his town. I know its frustrating to deal with thiefs and i dont know what my first reaction would be if i caught one in the act, but it wouldnt be to kill them.

9. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

That is why there is so much crime. crooks know no one is going to do anything.

10. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I didnt say no one is going to do anything. I just said think twice befor killing. haha All thiefs deserve a good beating or jail time. But dont deserve to die, thats all im saying.