LCO gets charged with Felony Assault

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by nosparkplugs, Jul 26, 2008.

1. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I agree wiyh you completely. But putting a bullet in his head wont teach him a thing.

2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

1. The Iraq war is a big mistake
    2. Terrorism is completely different and those people deserve to die
    3. The thread is about a kid stealing a trimmer and ending up with brain damage and an LCO who is concerned about his income and is now in jail and will pay a lawsuit and lose his business. Hard to mow lawns and keep customers behind bars.
    4. There will always be extremist wackos, that is not the same as a petty thief.
    5. We the people are not the judge and jury.
    6. If you want to live in a totalitarion state move.
    7. I am a gun owner with a permit to carry. I have not once carried.
    8. I am a hunter with over 2 dozen various rifles and hand guns that are locked, unloaded and non accesable in a situation that might requir protection. Thats not why i own guns.
    9. My idea of protecting my family is not sitting in jail.
    10. I have compassion for people even thieves. They are people who were not raised well and took a wrong turn. They dont deserve to die but they do deserve to be punished. Years in jail also only solidify their criminal behavior.
    11. I understand the reaction of anger and to beat or kill. But thats what separates the men from the boys. Killing or beating to a coma is not what i consider to have like, a previous post mentioned, big balls. Its just stupidity. If you or your family were personally attacked thats a whole different ball game. Were talking about petty theft.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'm a lover not a fighter. :D

If someone broke into my house and tried to cause bodily harm to my family or me, then yes, I would not let up on them until they didn't move anymore. If someone comes on my property and is trying to steal something, I'll back away and call the cops (cell phone is always on my belt) in hopes that they don't hear anything. Kinda sneak around (fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee) to get as close as I can and with one good swing, knock them out with a "walking tall" 2x4..... 1 hit is all you'll need and the thief will be patiently waiting with you for the cops to come. :D

4. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I won't bother to comment on the war and wacko's. I too have guns and live in a state very liberal about protecting your property. Would I shoot first??? Don't exactly know, but I do know kids or not, the situation could have been turned around very easily and the lco is in the hosp...NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO GO ONTO MY PROPERTY AND TAKE SOMETHING..THEY WILL GET A BEATING OR WORSE. If a person gets a beating from someone protecting their property and dies, juvenile or adult oh well. The property owner should be thanked from the community....But then again I'm a guy who thinks that their should be a express lane for the death penalty, courtroom to chair 10 minutes...next.

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, tell that to your wife and kids from jail. OH WELL. Its your choice. We all have our choices.

6. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Ok my 2 cents. You can only use enough force that is deemed reasonable to stop either an attack on you or to stop a crime. So someone punches you, you can hit them however you need to tostop the assult. That is self defense. Once you cross the point where you are beating the crap out of them it turns to an assult or attempted m,urder charge on you. Im not saying i wouldnt beat the snot out of them, the law is flawed.

7. equip4u

equip4u LawnSite Member
    from pa

In some countries this thief would now also be withouthis right hand. How long do you think this thief or others would think about stealing again?

8. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if self-defense is only hitting someone until they are no longer attempting to attack you then you'd best make your first hit a good one.

i.e: 1/2" drive ratchet to the side of the head

9. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

10. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

This thread is messed up. Half of you think it's ok to beat a teenager to death for attempted burglary. Assuming the perp had no gun/weapon/other threat, don't you think it's excessive to beat somebody to death for this? A night in jail or a couple black eyes sure, but beating to death!!!??? I think the LCO belongs in jail. What's going to set him off next?