1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lco owners yards

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by kf4pbm, Sep 17, 2007.

1. kf4pbm

kf4pbm LawnSite Member
    from FL

lets show some of our own yards. ive heard the expression, "a painters house is never painted." lets see if that is true of our industry. i'll post some of mine when the rains quits.
  2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

My place is a wreck right now. I hauled in 6 loads of dirt from my dad's jobsite. We are going to regrade and then spread loam, hydroseed, irrigation and some patios and walkways. Also new plantings and edging. Here's some pics from part of the backyard. Eventually it will be the highlight of the neighborhood and people will actually believe i know what i'm doing.

DSCF8263 back.jpg
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I mow my lawn when the neighbors complain. :)
  4. kf4pbm

kf4pbm LawnSite Member
    from FL

redmax man,

i understand the wreck comment. mine has gone through its ups and downs. this year chinch bugs ate it up again, so i get the thrill of resodding again. i wish i had it done already since we got a monsoon today.
  5. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

same here.
  6. iblonger

iblonger LawnSite Member

My wife keeps threatening to call one of the larger LCO's in the area. I told her that I do the ones that pay first.
  7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

My lawn looks like my desk. If I can find my camera under all this paper, I will take pics. of my truck, mowers, garage, etc. if I can find them in all that grass!!
  8. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Same thing told my wife to hire someone to cut the lawn. I'm just like every other guy who comes home from work,last thing i want to do is cut the grass!
  9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Same here I Always seem to mow my lawn when its 6" or more...:hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  10. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

ive got a question- for those that keep there mowers at a shop, do you have your crew do your lawn. or do you just keep a 21incher at home and do it when you can...