1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

LCO put their lawn sign in yard I mow.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Aug 5, 2004.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

A lawn company (Pro Turf Lawn Service) in Belton Missouri put one of those little lawn signs on a plastic stick in a yard I mowed just two days ago. The homeowners were on vacation so I may never had seen it if they were home.

This was the only house on the block that had a sign.
    I suspect the LCO have seen me mow at the house before.

Has anyone done this before? It seems unethical to me. What do you think?
  2. J-dub

J-dub LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Hopefully this was just an honest mistake... I'd call the LCO and tell them about it (politely) and ask that they don't do it again. Of course, I'd remove the sign as well.

Good luck.
  3. gml9

gml9 LawnSite Member

"honest mistake"??? yeah right....they'd wouldn't have to worry about retrieving that sign, I'd take care of it. It might show up in the mail to them as a puzzle!
  4. thegreenjeansman

thegreenjeansman LawnSite Member

thats pretty good work when another company tries to take credit for it. trash the sign and and write it off, the neighbors know who the real cutters where.
  5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

When you say "those little signs on a plastic stick", are you talking about a pesticide application notice sign?

Or are you talking about an advertising sign?.
  6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe that company fertilizes or applies some other application. Could it be that you BOTH work for the same client?
  7. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

Probably just a punk little kid playing with the sign. I can't see a company trying to take credit for a yard they don't service.

8. J-dub

J-dub LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

RE: Working for the same client and a punk kid messing around.

Good points. That's why I recommended the high-road/polite approach.

9. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you describe the sign a bit more? Might have been a pesticide warning sign.
  10. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

Simply move the sign to a real trashy yard. That'll get someone's attention.