LCO putting in irrigation.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by knox gsl, Oct 22, 2010.

1. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I think for the most part i'm going to leave the injection part off, per most of your input it seems to more bad than good. BFP would be my cost plus labor of a certified plumber to install. As far as learning how to put these in for profit I'm a long way from that. I think that I have enough knowlege to do my own but am not nearly to the point that I could charge for this kind of service. I've read alot of what yall have posted over the last few months and there is alot more than just hooking up pipes, valves and heads to getting a quaility system. I have enough on my plate now not to be thinking about installing irrigation systems and dealing with that part of landscaping. Other than Orbit are there any brands of equipment I should stay away from. I'm leaning toward Hunter and Toro, but really have no prefference. Thanks James.
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I would leave off a mainline loop, on account of making it simpler to winterize.
  3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

check this out, a lot of info was thrown about
  4. Waterlogged

Waterlogged LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Oops! I forgot where I was :hammerhead:
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have a problem with looped mains unless it is on larger commercial PVC systems. If it's a resi and looped, I'll burp the valves a second time.