LCO ripping this guy off

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jun 27, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a call from a customer in this neighborhood that I mow 25% of all the homes. She sais that her neighbors yard across the street looks terrible , he lives in Florida & his lawncare guy is ripping him off by charging $200 monthly and not mowing it. She asks if I wanted to, she can call him and suggest that I take care of his lawn from now on (untill home sells). I say call him. She calls him, he tries to contact his LCO with no luck, then sais go for it. I show up and grass is 9" tall & looks as if it hasnt been trimmed in a very long time. Grass along the fence & some edges were a foot and a half tall. Half way thru I notice this white truck/trailer pull up, see me mowing, then drive off. Now I wont mention their name here, but I will warn others about his practices.

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I hope you get paid for it and they don't think the guy in the white truck is still doing the work that he never did in the first place.

3. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

Been there seen that. Took a picture and emailed to customer. Now I carry the digital camera with me everywhere. Really good investment for a couple hundred dollars. You never know when something is going to happen in this business that you will need a picture for.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree/ A picture would have been worth a thousand words.

5. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hay good idea that digital camera!

6. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

Helps out when I get home to proove to the wifey that I actually did something today !!!!

7. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I never leave home without my dig. camera. An excellent reason why came up @ 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was mowing @ one of my best customers' house, when her step son was backing out and creamed the door on my truck. Miraculosly her Insurance adjuster was pulling up to her house and witnesed it!! Of course I took my own pix, But if that miracle of him being there hadn't happened, and I didn't have my own pix, I can imagine that things might have been real ugly.... They sent me a check in 2 days!!!!

8. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I always carry a digital camera also ---I love it canon powershot a70 its awesome, take pics of yards and possible accounts and anything I might see