LCO wins Lottery

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJ, Jan 9, 2001.

1. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

The newspaper reported that a guy in Maine who started his own lawn care company in 1999 just won $5,900,000. He says his life might change a little. He wants to keep mowing lawns but wants to buy a bigger mower. Reported income last year of $20,000.

I think I'd hire someone to chauffer me to the jobsites.

Mick

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Is he on Lawnsite?

Does he need an adopted son?

3. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Kudos to the man from Maine!

I knew there was money to be made in this industry, I just had no idea how much... ;)

-TGC

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

If i won that much money i wouldnt even mow my own lawn anymore. Amazes me when lottery winners say they will keep their jobs. I would be sitting on a beach in Hawaii and/or travelling the world

5. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I would keep mowing lawns and plowing snow. I would just get a new 350 crew cab with leather and all the opptions.
    make that 5 of thoughs. I love this biz and don't plan on quiting till i DIE!!!

6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny, I am planning on winning the Big Game lotto tonight. $40 mil ought to last me a lifetime. I'm with Charles, only I'm going to be in Nags Head one month and in the mountains the next.

7. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would keep up with the bz and just expand. I enjoy what I do and would continue it as long as I am healthy.

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 01-09-2001 at 03:30 PM]

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

lawncutting is work, u work to make money, if u have that much money, u dont need to make money. retirement is a state of finance, not an age!if u r 18, and have enough money, u retire, if u r 65, and dont have enough money, u work...very simple. i would never cut grass again

9. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldnt stop what I like to do...Yes I would retire early (late 40's), but I wouldn't quit what I love.

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 01-09-2001 at 03:31 PM]

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd sell out in a heart beat ..... then buy a charter boat & fish for work