Lco's Following You......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sandgropher, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend that was mowing lawns the other day and at the end of the day got a couple of phone calls from his customers saying that after he finished another LCO knocked on the door and offered to do the lawns for half price next time ( with out knowing the price) one lady played along and asked a bunch of questions insurance? (ABN no. aussie business no.) she got his ABN. turns out its his mobile telephone no., my friend noticed the bloke parked further up the street a couple of times, what would you do now??? :confused:

2. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

nothing, what can you do? obviously he has no tact regarding things like that so a civilized talk wont get you far. just let it be. the customers willing to leave over half price, let em go. not worth it.

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

In my neck of the woods, one would have to open a can of woop@ss! Tony Soprano style.

4. Sandgropher

Yes i don't think it would help talking to the guy? As if he can do that he will not listen i suppose, so i guess all he will do is wait and see if he still has a business to run in the next week all two, he thinks a lot will stay with him but half price may be tempting.:cry:

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Keep servicing your accounts....Fight the competiton with good marketing.

6. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

i'd beat his ass.

7. Sandgropher

Yes i think most of of us would, but is this guy doing any thing illegal not sure if you are allowed to follow some one, could this be stalking? i guess photographers follow celebrities all day ? so may be its not ?

8. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I like this man.

kc

9. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

follow him home and have a discussion with him off his property and let nature take its course.

10. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

could also start hounding his customers, offering them superior service, insurance and professionalism for a slightly higher price.