LCO's Making 25k to 30k month, what's your net??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Five Diamond Lawns, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Five Diamond Lawns

Five Diamond Lawns LawnSite Member

After achieving this level consistently for couple seasons what can you expect to net.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know what his Net is but have a friend here that is in the business also that is mainly Commerical Only and his trucks and crews are all over town and I know for a fact, no doubt, no 2nd hand info, but for a fact that he is grossing $125K a month 12 months a year. I also know how he lives so he is Netting pretty good.

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I do about 20k / month, net 4k. Mostly this year and last I've paid off over $100,000 in equipment. I had a bank loan of $5k / month that's done this month. Plus a couple more at $2k / month.

Next year I figure my net will be more up around $10-12k. Granted, it'll just be more going to Uncle Sam, so I'll probably end up just buying more stuff.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i guy i know just went out of business after 20 years. he said he was grossing 1.3 million a year, and netting.......less than me

5. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

How is it possible to make that kind of money and not net much? I mean I know what ppl are going to say, but with write offs/good accountant etc, you have to be making some money?

6. mcclureandson

mcclureandson LawnSite Member

If he was grossing 1.3 milllion and netting what?...even 80 or 100 grand I would call that sad. I net that by myself...

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

less than me, that's what. $300,000 a year in payroll alone, $55,000 a year in insurence. it all added up

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

All depends. If he's on a cell phone in Jamaica, taking calls and doing business, or on a fishing trip in Alaska, or hunting Elk in Idaho, or making the NASCAR races, or doing ANYTHING other than actual work, putting that in his pocket just because he's the boss, then it isn't ALL bad.

9. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I would love to see his books. After probably his 2 biggest expenses, he still has over 900K left.................

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

look, i'm just telling you what the guy told me. i know he had a big operation, now he packed it all in except a crew of 2, and one truck. he now works full time for someone else