1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

LCO's On Prince Edward Island (Canada) ?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, May 23, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

I spent the day over on PEI visiting some friends, its the smallest Canadian province on the far east coast. (has the worlds longest bridge connecting it to the mainland... 13km long) Anyway, I was impressed wtih the lawns over there! Seemed like every single property was freshly mowed that day and the weird part was I hardly saw a single dandylion the entire time I was there (???) Are there any LCO's from the Island that can clear that up? Is it b/c of the heavy use of herbicides on the potato crops? (30% of our potato crops come from the little island) Anyway I was just curious.. Oh and its John Deere land over there.. .everything is green and yellow :D
  2. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

Its the ten months of winter that keeps the weeds away.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I was thinking the same thing about the climate
  4. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Hey guys.. its not that bad here!!! haha. I live 2 hours west of the Island and have the same climate with plenty of weeds :) Its def cooler here in the summer tho than where you guys are from, from 80-85 daytime to 60 or so at night from May to Aug and April and Sept have cooler nights. But the rest of months... yeah.. snow and cold and more snow.
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I uesed to live in Maine and have been to PEI pleny of times..........must be the red dirt and Clay.............lol