1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

LCO's using Nutrients Plus in their programs

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by mrkosar, Dec 15, 2008.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Can you please IM me your contact information? I would like to talk to a few owners that have used this product in their programs. I am contemplating using their fertilizers this year or next, but would like to talk with some owners who have experience with it. Please no distributors or salesman from NP.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like some feedback from users as well? I've talked with Barry from Tech-Terra and he sent me some great information on the products, I could forward what info I have to you, PM me your email, and I will forward it.
    But would definately like to hear some user results.
  3. MaineFert

MaineFert LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Hey guys,
    I would be glad to answer any questions as we are end users of Nutrients PLUS. We are also sales reps, but we have been using the product line for all of our lawn care clients for 4 years. You can also IM me with questions and I can tell you how the products respond and spreadability as well. Thanks

4. dtally

dtally LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rock Hill, SC

I too am a user Nutrients Plus, February wiill start season number three with the products. This past season I began to incorporate ICT's products into the program on select customers, again with outstanding results. Nutrients Plus satisified two areas of concern with organic programs, cost and availability. Boy. I should get paid for this testimonial. Contact me and I will tell you where to send the check!

can you tell us what your overall experience has been? What products are you currently using? Are you using the same fertilizer year round, or do you mix it up with other products during each season of the year?
  6. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used all Nutrients Products except for the 20-1-5, 5-8-5 and 5-4-0. We usually mix and match products, but stayed with the 6-2-4, 10-4-2 w/Cavalcade, 4-3-1 and 4-4-2 this year with the price increases. Let me know if you have any questions.

The sales rep is recommending the "Screamin' Green" 16-2-3 as a year round fertilizer. I live in Southern Oregon, Zone 8. Shouldn't I mix a program up a little instead of using only 1 product? For example a Higher "K" Product as a winterizer?

What's your thoughts on this?
  8. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I use the 16-2-3 on larger properties and our customers that want the extra N. Do your customers want the extra N or an organic fertilizer? There are a lot of variables in there. Do you use any liquids like compost tea? How many fert apps per year? I generally mix things up, but with higher prices this last year we phased a few products out.

As far as higher K for winterizing, it's generally recommended to add K for root development. But I tend to add seaweed and other bio-stimulants in our fall soil booster. The 7-2-12 is a very nice product, with the added urea giving a quicker green up than the 6-2-4 or 4-3-1.

I do approximately 5 Applications per year. I don't currently use any Organic Products, which is why I'm considering making the switch. I'm still familarizing myself to the organic method and approach vs. the standard chemical sythentic stuff.
    No I havne't tried any compost teas or anything similar.
    I'm basically in the research phase of switching to Organics or Organic Based, I do like the fact that these Nutrients Plus product have OM, which from what I've read is very beneficial to the lawn & plants.

I'm basically looking for something repeatable, with a nice green up, and at the same time be safe for pets/kids.
  10. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I've used and really like the 4-4-2 its OMRI approved and we are nofa accredited, so it fits well and works very good, and I have also used 16-2-3. In no way do I sell the products. I can answer whatever questions you might have to the best of my knowledge about those two products. However, IMO If your going to use biosolids anyway, as in the 16-2-3, why not find a local source.