LCT vs LHP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Helimon, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Helimon

Helimon LawnSite Member

Ok, I am comapring the following two machines:

LCT with the 44" deck and the Kohler 18 engine.

LHP with the 44" deck and the Kawasaki 17 engine.

I believe that the difference in price is about $800. I am just wondering what am I getting for my money? I know that a big difference is the fact that an UltraVac is available for the LHP and not the LCT.

What else am I getting for the money?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Helimon,

The Lazer HP has several items that are different. The twin cylinder will be smoother, quieter and have more torque. The Laze HP has large wheel motors, completely different front frame and deck lift mechanism, larger tires, armrest and larger diameter spindle shafts.

The Lazer HP also uses drum breaks rather than a compression type brake and has a larger clutch.

The CT is a great little machine but the HP simply has more bells and whistles.

MSRP on the 44" CT is around $5399 and $6399 for the 44" HP.

Thanks

Terry

3. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

What Type of Breaks Does The Full-Size Lazer Z Use? At How Many HRS Should They Be Adjusted? Is It Better To Leave It Disengaged On Flat Surfaces To Prolong The Component Life?

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Diesel Deere,

The Lazer HP uses a brake drum and band set up. The adjustment will vary. This is only a parking brake but I would inspect the brake adjustment a couple of times per year. On a commercial machine It should be adjusted once per year whether it needs it or not.

Truthfully I would recommend that the parking brake be engaged anytime there is not an operator in the seat.

Thanks

Terry