Lead conversion question

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by TheGoat, Jun 26, 2012.

1. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't convert a lead into a customer, what is the usual reason they give for declining your offer?

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

PRICE! they are looking for the cheapest guy out there I tell them I'm not the company for them.

3. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried increasing the perceived value of your service?

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Always price and its usually not a gap I can close. I always leave my card and let them know we are available if the new service can't accommodate a request. I find the extra cheap prices come from the mow n go demographic.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. nolatoolguy

nolatoolguy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Untill lately I havent had this problem as Ive just started getting acounts but its usually been price or the one lady who said "your to young" but most of the others just said price. All I can do is leave a bussniess card and move on to another.

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I had an email today from a potential customer. She wanted her rental relandscaped using the existing plants and mulch. No grass just this mess of weeds that she wanted sprayed. Budget is tight she says. I politely declined and she responded with a flaming. Called me an unprofessional ripoff artist. Must be the heat.
    Posted via Mobile Device