Lead Services

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by WiscLawns, Jul 29, 2013.

1. WiscLawns

WiscLawns LawnSite Member
    from WI

Besides Service Magic/Home Advisor, which lead services have you recently used and what were the results. I've been somewhat pleased with Homer Advisor and would like to explore other similar companies.

Also, how are you utilizing Angie's list?

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

landscapedata.com
    used them for 3-4 months. They list commercial and residential leads. I followed up with each one that fit my niche and all of them were not looking for any new service providers. Every single one was a dead end.

3. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Thumbtack is really good. Check that out.

4. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, those guys are scumbags.

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Stay away from Service Magic!!!

6. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

The OP already uses SM successfully. I built a VERY nice business using SM.

7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Good for you. Read the reviews online and you'll see you are in the minority.

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I wasn't happy with SM at first, but I eventually learned how to narrow down leads and results to fit the towns we service. It's not bad at all, just make sure it's specific to your services. We get probably 8-10 jobs a year from them.

9. PK Mows

PK Mows LawnSite Member

Home Advisor just seems too high to me. I think I figured a new maintenance Customer through them would end up being about $30 while with my current methods I spend about $5-7. I'm still considering them for irrigation Customers as I spend probably $40-50 for an installation Customer and probably around $15 for repairs on Customers we have no prior contact with. I think they would be good for niche targeting and I could stop other marketing for those Customers.

I think I get about 5 calls a week from someone trying to sell me targeted marketing, most of them seem extremely expensive and borderline scams. For the kind of money most of them want, you could hire a local marketing company for a few months or own the top AdWords spots.

10. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I got 180 leads from them last year, this yeat I've turned them mostly off. I was gaining almost 1 account a fay from them this spring. In the fall ill get 1-4 calls a day for leaf pickup.