Lead Services

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by WiscLawns, Jul 29, 2013.

1. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

I suppose these are like any form of leads. If you low ball everything, then you will get every lead, lol. It is what it is. As for LandscapeData...they are not really a lead company...it's a guy who has a lawn business that gives you a list of apartment complexes with the mangers name basically. Wow! What a service! lol

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

For me people find me out of desperation and will pay any price for the most part.

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

The leads I get are pretty decent and most turn into full time customers eventually. Got one from SM yesterday, gave price for full day cleanup and chipping job for crew of two - yup, no problem, when can you do it? And we are NOT lowballing by any stretch!!! lol

4. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Indeed, it is what it is. It is an excellent source of leads. Homeowners looking for qualified and insured contractors. Every lead is not viable...not even close. It is however a very cost effective source of new customers, my average cost of acquisition through SM is $52. My customer base has a value of $1500 per customer. This is a no brainer. The only complaint I have with SM is not enough leads.

5. JohnnyRocker

Great to hear that. Did you have any reservations regarding giving them your SS#?

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Thought they were ok until I noticed every third lead or so was mapped to the same half mile cul de sac. I smell fake leads internally generated.

7. JohnnyRocker

Weird. I know you have to pay to even know where the lead is located, besides the zip code. If these are fake, you would think they wouldn't be as obvious.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Nope the general area is located on the original lead offer and I have gotten a dozen on Highwater drive off Hwy 54. Too coincidental. I have had a few good leads but I think they are just padding the leads now. It worked good at first until I noticed the pattern. Then I started getting info pertaining to leads I never responded to.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm on there but got nothing from them EVER....maybe I don't have it setup right.

10. JohnnyRocker

On mine, they release the zip code, then after you respond, and pay, the customer can give you the addy. I've responded to a handful of leads, and did get one biweekly account. The worst account I have...but it IS an account, however.