Leading edge warranty

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Bevo916, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Bevo916

Bevo916 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I was told today that the leading edge on the decks was over built.. It will not give any if you would accidently hit something. Therfore it bends the mounting hardware or the frame. Has anyone experienced this?? I think I would rather have the leading edge bend then the frame.

Thanks
    Bev916

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Who told you this? a Hustler dealer?
    I have never heard of this, it is almost impossible to do any damage to the deck and or mounting areas.
    It is hung by chains, nothing to bend there, it is supported and aligned in the rear with a set of push bars, no problems there either.
    If you hit something hard enough to do any damage to the front of the deck or the push arms, you are likely to have some damage to yourself.... it is nearly impossible.

Pj

3. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is nearly impossible to bend the frame also, unless the mower fell off a trailer at some type of speed.
    We offer the lifetime waranty on the frame also.
    You wouldnt want to replace a deck shell, labor and parts is gonna be expensive, I dont know how much off hand, never had to look it up to tell you the truth.

4. Bevo916

Bevo916 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

It was a deal but not a Hustler.. Thanks for clearing that for me.. Also is the XR7 deck available on the 72" decks?

Thanks
    Bevo916

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thats what I thought, some dealers will do anything to sell a mower, including talking about other brands in a bad manner.
    The 72" XR-7 will not be available until later in the spring.

Pj

6. qball98

qball98 LawnSite Member

Since you are talking about this I would like to know what section of the deck this warranty covers. I have been told it only covers the section of the deck between the anti-scalp rollers and it does not cover the area past the anti-scalp roller on the trim side of the deck.

Thanks

7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I don’t think Hustler overbuilt their decks, I think other companies under built theirs.

I have hit solid objects at full speed with my SWB (by accident of course) that did do damage to the object and myself but not my mower.

My personal experiences with dealers and salesman’s are that they usually know less about their product than me, and a lot less than a competitor’s brand.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The lifetime leading edge covers the "leading edge"
    this is the area between the anti scalp rollers on the deck.
    I have attached a picture that shows this.

Pj

[​IMG]