1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

leaf blower won't start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by steve38, Mar 29, 2004.

1. steve38

steve38 LawnSite Member
    from 07035

hi - I have a craftsman leaf blower. I think I screwed up the gas /oil mixture.
    It won't start. I drained gas and replaced. then I took carb off and cleaned.
    Since I never cleaned one before I was afraid to take it apart totally. I just sprayed the holes with carb cleaner and air. still nothing.
    thanks.

2. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

getting any spark??

3. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

by screwing up the oil gas mixture do you mean you forgot to put oil in all together , or was it just a little off

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Did you run it very long with the improper mix??? or did it never crank??. If it never started i would check the spark plug or maybe the diaphram in the carb is bad from sitting over winter

5. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

rebuild the carb. the diaphram is dried out or stuck.Its what pumps the fuel from the tank to the carb. In other words these carbs have a fuel pump built into them.

6. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Will it turn over, like can you pull the cord and have the engine turn or is that stuck ???