leaf blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bare spot, Aug 30, 2007.

1. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

need backpack blower and was thinking tanaka or stihl,, never used either one and was thinking stihl but starting to have second thoughts. got tanaka handheld and can't say enough about it so don't think would be disappointed with that backpack. think stihl got more output and is lighter but would like to hear from someone and if they had any thoughts. thanks

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search, its been covered countless times.

3. bare spot

did before and didn't remember much on tanaka , but did search again and found a couple, thanks, but not enough for me. anyway looks like the redmax wouldn't be a bad buy if can switch out tubes to the app. got dealer that sells both tanaka and redmax, it's a drive but i think one of the best.

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

get a stihl. in my opinion, it is better than tanaka.

5. bare spot

that's probably what i'll end up buying but do gotta check them others out.

6. mrbobian

mrbobian LawnSite Member

I love my stihl! No problems with it. go with that.

7. bare spot

stopped in at lesco in town today and saw a kawasawki blower (krb700b). don't think was running in awhile but once got going thought ran nice, got to blow some stones around,only thing never used one so have nothing to compare to. took note on hose ass., ease of use and how it felt, if do find myself buying it's selling for under $350