1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

leaf blowers

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by micdd, Jul 19, 2001.

1. micdd

micdd LawnSite Member
    from n.y.

My hand held leaf blower needs to be replaced... I WANT to get a BACK PACK blower. ANY RECCOMENDATIONS ?:)
  2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Home Depot has good homeowner/light commercial equipment,

or online,

"grounds maintenance"
  3. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

A Stihl 320 should do the job.
  4. bassngrasser13

bassngrasser13 Guest

Hi, I would reccomend a backpack blower from Stihl or Shindaiwa or maybe even Mariyuma (spelling). Stihl has the most powerfull that I know of and they are pretty affordable ranging in price from about give or take $400 for a nice one. All i can say is that if you can afford it, get it. Shindaiwa on the other hand can range from $400 all the way up to about $600 give or take a few. I'm not sure the price range on Mariyuma though. Well I hope i helped you!
  5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Fradan's put out SOME AIR!!!!!!
  6. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

John deere BP40 or 50 $400-500 but if your not commercial it will last you forever.
  7. go with a redmax. i have an eb431. does the job. and it has never given me an ounce of trouble after 5 years now. its nice and lightweight. and if you are not into that, any dealer for them should have a high quality selection of either heavier duty models, or of better hand held blowers. good good company. cant say one bad thing about them, except the price tag.
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

stihl br400
  9. crs

crs LawnSite Member

REDMAX EB7000
  10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Depends on how many leaves you have. I have owned the following and list them from best to worse:

Shindaiwa EB630
    Red Max EB7000
    Sthil BR400

There is very little difference between the Shindaiwa & RedMax, I and others that have used them think the Shindaiwa is a little better. The Sthil compaired to either of the others is a joke, plain and simple.

If you have a dealer around go with them, if not check out Echo also.