Leaf blowout

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DMA, Oct 14, 2003.

1. DMA

DMA LawnSite Member

Have 60 inch super z with the bac-vac. I'm getting a lot of leaf blowout on the right front of the deck. Between the mower and vac spent about enough, hoping not to have to buy anything else.
    Any suggestions?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like a couple of things could be your problem.
    Leaves are the worst as far as blow out is considered, you can put a set of Gators on and increase your cutting height and see if that helps your situation, in most cases it does.
    Add a anti blow out kit, we suggest its use in mulching situations and in Bac Vac situations, where the operator is experiencing blow out.
    It is part # 368498 and has a MSRP of $55.00, this kit bolts into holes that are already under your mower deck.
    Call your dealer, they can order this kit for you if they do not have it in stock.

Hope this helps
  3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Most of the exmark guy's complain about blowout until they add the blowout baffles. I'll bet the Hustler is the same.
  4. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Can someone post some pic's of the anti blow-out kit.
  5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

ive got the factory baffles on my super z. makes a huge difference, especially with an ocdc. ill try to take a few pics tomorrow, and post them.
  6. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Can't wait to see them. thanks!
  7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I am seing the same thing wiht my 48" super walkbehind wiht the accelerator bag. And I think I spent enough on the machine already. It's not terrible , just annoying and doesn't leave the yard as "clean" as i'd like.

Why aren't the blowout baffles standard?? If you know they are needed then why aren't they included at the factory?
  8. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

hope this pic works, i couldnt get a good shot of them but maybe you can see.

superz blowout baffles.jpg
  9. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

Zip, sorry I don't have a digital camera as I'd be glad to post a pic. That being said the baffle is amazingly simple to install and very effective. Its two pieces of straight steel (I suppose) that bolt together at the front center edge of the deck and then just a couple of bolts on either side. The leading edge of the baffle lies along the front edge of the deck, against the little "lip" under there. The back side of the baffles mimmick the arch of the blades. Hope this description helps. With this and the mulch kit w/ some Hustler Gators I've just been mulching the leaves and it looks like there were none there. I'm in central NC and most of the trees are really just starting to drop their leaves but there's plenty on the grass.
  10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Doesn't the gator on the exit chute blade hit the top baffle, or is there none????