leaf box complete

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Oct 6, 2002.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

well. heres a picture of my finished box. thanks for all your ideas you gave me awhile back.

2. mdb landscaping

3. mdb landscaping

last one...

4. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I like! Can I borrow it:D .......................... How's things going up in my old neck of the woods? I grew up in Naugatuck and left for the Marine Corps at 20, that was 23 years ago. Settled on the coast of NC. I often think about "Home" and wonder how things have changed. When things slow down this winter I have thought about riding up to CT to check out the old homestead, see some old friends.
    Like your rig, good luck with it.
    Raymond

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Its huge! I like the idea of a dump trailer. Is there a top on it?

6. mdb landscaping

yes theres a top on it. the braces run across the top, and the plywood is attached to the under side. One whole section has a wire mess to allow for venting. The homestead is good by the way. Leaves are starting to turn. cant wait to suck some leaves with this thing.

7. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

that's a pretty sleak set up. You'll find that each year you'll need to make it bigger and bigger. BIG TIP: Oak leaves will fill that thing up very quickly. If you just blow the leaves to the curb than vac it you'll notice that the vac doesn't incinerate large leaves like it does to Maples or Pecan trees. My advice is to run overtham with a mower at the curb before you vac it you'll get better compaction or if you have a vac on a mower that will make the leaves smaller too. I had a 16ft trailer with 4 ft sides and now I have 6 ft side on it this year. Good luck!!!

8. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent! It looks great, that should really hold a hell of a lot of leaves. How does the vac come off to dump? It looks great, I bet you can't wait to have some real leaves to suck up with it.

9. mdb landscaping

the back door swings open to the left and you clip it to the side and dump the whole thing vac and all when its swung out of the way.

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Looks nice, but I'm just curious. Is there a reason that the 2X4 braces are on the outside. Most boxes I see around here have them on the inside.