Leaf Box help....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Nov 9, 2003.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I'm going to be building a leaf box for my F-250 this week. I see that some guys put the plywood boards on the inside of the 2x4's, and others put the boards on the outside of the 2x4's.

I like the cleaner look of putting them on the outside, and especially since I want to have signs painted on them.

BUUUUT, I don't have a dump bed or insert, I'll be using a Load Handler.

I'm thinking the load will get hung up on the 2x4's (which will be inside) if I put the plywood on the outside of them.

Anyone with experience with this particular kind of set up have any input?

Also, do you think I need to secure the 2x4 uprights to the bed stake pockets? Or can I just make them a real tight fit?
    I have a bedliner in there now, so I can't get in there to secure them.

Thanks.

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

My leaf box has the plywood on the outside, but it is mounted on a dump trailer, for easy dumping. If you are worried about the materials hanging up on the 2 x 4, put some plywood on the inside also.

3. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Just make the 2x4 fit tight in the pockets and you will be fine. I pretty much have the same setup and have the plywood on the outside. I have to rake out some of the leaves before I can even use the loadhandler. But mine is the 2000 # model.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Thanks dfor, that's what I was looking for.