1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

leaf box ideas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mckell68, Oct 19, 2002.

1. mckell68

mckell68 LawnSite Member

I need some ideas on how to secure a leaf box to a pickup bed that does not have holes for stakes. I can only think of using heavy duty tie down straps( 4 inches wide and 25 ft long) to hold it down. Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks---Mike

2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Get clamps like they have for truck caps. Aluminum one screw and clamp it to the rails.

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I'd go with the clamps too. I wouldn't wrap straps around the truck.

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

How is the box built? I personally do not think the bed rails are strong enough. I would run the STEEL frame, as I build boxes inside the bed down to the floor and bolt the box to the floor. If it is a work truck and having leaves loaded into it then four 1/2" holes in the bed will not be critiical and provide better holding power. Every box I intstall is bolted in. I would never clamp or strap a box in.

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Don't want to clamp it, just bolt it to the bedrail. The bedrail is plent strong enough if its just a wooden box.