Leaf box pics!!!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by johnnybravo8802, Jan 23, 2011.

1. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I know this has been done in the past but I'll ask again, for updated info. I just bought an open landscape truck that dumps with the dove tail dropped. I plan to build a box for leaves in the fall and buy a vac. I was wanting to do research on the construction of boxes. Also, has anyone on here ever contracted with the city for leaf removal-we have one city leaf truck for the entire town and no other LCO in town with a leaf rig. I'm seeing $$$$$$$$ signs!!!!!!!!:clapping::clapping: I'm also wondering about prices to just collect leaves on the roadside.

2. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

If the town does it as a free public service (well not really free but no direct out of pocket costs) you're gonna have a hard time getting people to pay for it.

3. johnnybravo8802

from Ga.

The thing is, the leaves may sit there for over a month before they get picked up because the city is so overwhelmed-Yea, the service is free. However, I figure if I remove an eye sore or before they blow across the yard again, I'm doing them a service. Yea, I'm just thinking out loud and maybe you're right but it never hurts to try. I'm thinking of maybe $25-$30 to remove all the leaves X2/yr=not much money. I may be dreaming.I do think being the only leaf service in town is a great thing for yard clean-ups though.

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Contract with the city to do pickups and charge by the truck load and they pay the dump bill or provide a place to dump, Maybe $200 per load and keep it running 6 days a week, sounds like money to me.

6. johnnybravo8802

from Ga.

Thanks for all the tips. I see a lot of money potential here, even if I just do my own stuff.