Leaf box plan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1grnlwn, Aug 13, 2004.

1. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 14' dump trailer and I am planning 4' sides for a total of 6'. Think it will be big enough? I don't know where to mount the loader but I am considering the front. Not sure about brand of loader either. Trailer is 16000 gvw.

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

That'll be 18.6 cubic yard box, if trailer is 6' wide. Nice! Tongue mount keeps it out of way when dumping but rear mount means you can back up close to piles. I think either would work well if a rear mount was swing-away design for fast dumping.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ask wriken about his setup. Very nice...I will look for some pics of it

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

you going to tig together some aluminum 1grn??

5. 1grnlwn

No I sorta gave up playing with Aluminum when I blew a breaker this spring. Only have 20 A. in garage. Bought a thirty but Alum is sorta PITA will revisit this winter. But I do plan to use steel. 18 gage sides with 1.5" stakes. Need to start designing and get materials ordered.

6. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Put the MEG MO blades on your mower and you do not need to build box. I did what you are thinking and now we don't use it.

7. outsidepride

outsidepride LawnSite Member

My is 18 ft and i mounted the 16 HP billy goat loader on the front works great.

trailer 010.jpg

8. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

build the trailer, and use the mulching gator blades first man, that's what everyone does around here

9. 1grnlwn

Outside I remember that picture. That is one serious trailer. You must have a big truck.

10. outsidepride

outsidepride LawnSite Member

Chev 2500 Duramax pulls it no problem