1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

leaf box top

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by lawntennis, Aug 25, 2010.

1. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

Starting to think about leaf season. I built a box for our stake body dump but am looking for a top. I've seen the mesh tops that are curved up with aluminum poles for added size but can't find them. Anybody know who makes them?

2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

DIY with some metal or plastic conduit and a mesh tarp from Lowes/Home Depot.

3. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

I use mesh tarps. I bought them from Northern Tool.

4. Yamaha0219

Yamaha0219 LawnSite Member

We used wood sides with wood top...cut like two 1'x'6 vents in the wood (lengthwise) and double lined with screens for ventilation...worked really well.

5. kemco

kemco LawnSite Senior Member

That's where I used to get mine then found them at Harbor Freight for about half of what I was paying at NT.

6. Kartanimal29

Kartanimal29 LawnSite Member
    from Ct.

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

last year i had a wood top with a big vent on top...this year i will be doing a mesh tarp top

8. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

One time someone sliced/slashed the top of my buddy's tarp for his leaf box up
    (found out when he got on the job)
    Pulled out his staple gun and some cheap-o weed block lasted at least the rest of the day!

9. IDontLikeZeroTurns

IDontLikeZeroTurns LawnSite Member

I have been using them for 20 years+You can access the leaves and pack them why anyone would want a ceiling over their head is their business. Whatever works for everyone else is fine with me I dropped out of the debating society.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  10. GreenRoots

GreenRoots LawnSite Member

how do you secure the mesh top so it is easy to put on and off