Leaf Box...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jblawns123, Dec 19, 2005.

1. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i just saw that the other day. looks really nice. How much do they run for?

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I don't know, but I am guessing between $8K or $9K. That's double what I have in mine and that includes the truck and leaf loader, plus I bet mine holds 2.5 times as much.

4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

If indeed it is 8 grand thats way too much.

Next year I'm having a tarp company that does tarps for flatbedders make a setup for my truck. up in 15 mins, when you take it off it rolls up and takes up hardly any space and will be under $700 and last for years.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

That thing looks nice, but i would think it would be expensive, could make a bigger one for a lot less, IMO

6. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

8 grand? No way.... Someone find out for sure.

My guess $2K

7. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i would definetly not pay 8,000 for one. rather just make mine

8. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

Trac-vac made a unit that would fint on a dump insert. I saw it a couple years ago. It wasn't as big as that one. Loks nice though probably up around 4k-8k though.

tracvac.jpg

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I emailed a dealer in a neighboring state and found that the unit cost $5750, for those who were curious as myself.

10. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I saw this at the Louisville EXPO and thought it looked great. I talked to the lady at the booth about it. You have to have the TC-120 Dump Insert first. I seem to remember that is in the $4500 range. THEN you can add the LEAF BOX, which is ANOTHER $1400. SO you are looking at $6k altogether.

The problem I have with them is this:

The TC-120 weighs in at around 500 lbs. (it is listed in their material for EXACT #s)

The Leaf box is another 150 or so.

The leaf loader is going to be 250 or so lbs. So you are up to about 900 lbs and you don't have any leaves in there yet!!!! You are going to be maxing out your truck's capacity WAY BEFORE you get that thing loaded.

I asked about them making one (leaf box) to fix my 6x10 dump trailer, but they weren't interested. (I'd definitely pay $1,500 for one to fit my trailer!

Mike