Leaf Box

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by corey4671, Nov 15, 2008.

1. jemvai

jemvai LawnSite Member
    from CT

Cool, so if you get the BG on the tailgate you will bloww in from the front of the trailer? will you cut a hole. also what about the back at the top of the trailer ? will you just cover it with the tarp?
    Thanks.

2. peahlybros.

peahlybros. LawnSite Member

I have a set up on my truck like this....just a big plywood box..... works great especially for the $$$$.... wish I had it on my trailer but then I wouldn't be able to bring my mowers with me.... as for the vac.... what year is it?

3. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I'll cut a hole in the front and just cover the back with the tarp. I might look into mounting it on the back of the trailer but then it's a pain when you get ready to unload the trailer.

4. corey4671

I have no idea what year it is...I've seen pictures of it and it looks like an older model.

5. jemvai

jemvai LawnSite Member
    from CT

I wou;ld love to do a box on my truck , however my bed is just too darn small (tacoma quad cab)

6. peahlybros.

peahlybros. LawnSite Member

ya I have the full size bed so I can fill it wit a lot of leaves..... the tailgate mount sucks.... you have to take it off every time you want to dump.... it just blows

7. corey4671

^^^^^^^^^^^

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

looks good

9. corey4671

thanks ^^^^^^^^^

10. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

This past Spring I built a box (approx 8' long x 82" wide x 4 ft high) on the front of my trailer (22' long). The whole thing comes apart with only 2 bolts. The sides are removable by lifting them up out of the stake-pockets on the side of the trailer and pull out on the front slightly to slip the sides in behind the L-bracket. Worked well for Spring clean-ups and is working well for leaf clean-ups. Just wish I had the time to make it into an auto-dump box, one that would dump to the side via a winch or hydraulics. That would make it much easier and less time consuming to unload.