1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

leaf boxes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Viseras lawn service, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

Havent seen this question asked yet...how do you guys get your boxes on and off of your trucks?

is there a better way than 6 guys on one side and 1 skidsteer on the other?

we tried this last year and let me tell you, they are heavier than they look lol
  2. Greybeard

Greybeard LawnSite Member

I built mine with plywood panels that bolt together and come apart. Six panels lean against the wall inside the shop, about 1.5 feet deep until last week, then get reassembled. Everything is labelled. One-man job.
  3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I designed mine for a one man opperation, on and off. Two panels on each side,barn doors, alumiunm bows for the top that hold a mesh truck cover. The whole top is a vent. Load from the front so its packed in the back and dumps very easy.
  4. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

If yours does not come apart you could possibly get some camper stands/jacks for getting campers into and out of the bed of a pickup. With some minor modifications im sure you could make it work for you. Then just back under it when u want to put it on and drive away when you want it off
  5. horizonmowing

horizonmowing LawnSite Member

Ill never take that damn box off. To much work. Once mowing season starts (07) ill consider removing it.
  6. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

if u have a good size tree limb just put a hook on the top of the box and hoist it up with a rope, then drive under it..