Leaf charge (weekly)...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Nov 3, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a question for you guys. Since my lawns have slowed down, I'm only mowing them every other week (already told customers). I do however blow the leaves every week. I charge $5 less than a regular mow for blowing the leaves off just the lawn for just blowing. I charge $7-15 more every other week I mow and blow. At the end of the season I will clean out all shrub beds in a "final fall cleanup." For example, if a lawn normally costs $35/mow, then I charge $42 for mow and blow, and $30 for just blowing. Does this sound about right? This is how I priced my weekly accounts last year and everything turned out fine, but I wanted to see how you guys priced blowing, and mowing/blowing. Also, ehat height do you guys normally cut at this time of year? Right now I'm at 2 3/4"

Thanks, Matt

2. mkwl

Bump, anyone?

3. Bgaz

Bgaz LawnSite Member

Mowing at 3 1/4" instead of 3 1/2". Will mow at 3" last time of year. All leaf cleanup charged in 1/4 hour increments. If turf does not need mowing, all time spent is billed as FC. If turf mowed, time for normal mowing job subtracted from total time spent on job, rest FC.

4. mkwl

Bump, anyone else????

5. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

LOL, on a 35 dollar cut i charge 20 more a week to bag the leafs.That mow and blow 55 is their cost . customers only .on there finalclean up for the year i get 175 to mow and blow and beds! bobbygedd said i was a lowballer. he gets 450 for less then that!

6. mkwl

Well, I don't have to bag the leaves, on most of my accounts I just blow the leaves into the woods.

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I only hit each customer every other week as of Oct. 1. But I charge double (a little more for those with many trees) the normal mowing charge. I only bag if really necessary. I blow out the beds, usually double cut, sometimes triple. That reduces the leaves to dust , thus requiring none or very little bagging.

The big saver is my travel overhead is cut in half and I can complete each visit with only 50% more time than a regular mowing visit.

Derek

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how long does it take you to do the stuff?

9. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

you can't be serious?

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I spend no more than an hour doing leaves at any of my lawns, most are 40-50 minutes. The minimum charge is $70 per visit. These are 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots. This works for me and my customers appreciate having an idea of what it is going to cost them up front. Based on passed years leaves are usually finished the first week of Dec. I plan on 5 visits to each property.

I work alone. BP blower, Stander and a bagger when neccessary.

Derek