leaf clean up? how to do it

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Matts lawn care, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i have a few q's on how u guys do leaf clean up. i dont have a traler or a bagger, i was thinking about geting a cyclone rake but cant justify spending 2000 on it. hsould i buy a walk behind lawn vacum or a walk behind blower or just 1 good big powerful bp blower like a echo 715. last year i used a rake and tarp and that took forever and i dont plan to do it again. any advice would be apreachieated.

Matt

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

use your backpack blower to clean out the beds and about 3' around the house then use a push blower and blow everything in a pile then you can either tarp them up or find some one with a truck loader to come by and suck them up.

3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i blow them out as stated above and mulch them.

4. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a BP blower a good powerful one because leaves will get wet, a small handheld blower/vac for tight spots, and then rakes and tarps, another thing i have done was just cut over them all with the mower to mulch them up a bit then bag them up.

5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i am on a budget i got a few things i need next year and the only blower i got is a home eliet bp blower. last year i tarped into the woods but i already have 3 big jobs that arent near the woods. is it worth it to stick with what i got and bag it the hard way.

6. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

just quit!!!!!!!

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Cut more grass--save more money-- buy the right equipment. than sell the work when you have equipment. Or just acept the fact that you are going to make $2.50 an hour this year, save it all!!