leaf clean-up in the woods?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by godzilla, Nov 29, 2006.

1. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you guys ever clean up the leaves in wooded areas? This one house in a town we do work in, every spring they have all the leaves hauled out of their woods. EVERY leaf. The guys doing it use a bunch of roll offs to get the leaves out. Usually takes them at least a week. We're talking several acres of woods here.
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

without knowing more .......that may be the sillest thing I have ever heard. I guess there could be a reason.
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

yeah thats kinda over kill to me but leaf clean up is a leaf clean up they suck but they keep you busy and you still make money so if he wants the woods cleaned out charge accordingly
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I would RUN RUN far far away if sobody wanted me to clean-up leaves in a heavily wooded area, especially if they said "every leaf" They would have to offer like $15,000 for me to do it.
  5. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i have one customer that it clean out about 300ft into the woods behind their house. but i usually blow it farther into the woods when they are not there.
  6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Clearing leaves from the woods....hmmmm Now that's one Ive never heard before. lol
  7. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

I would confer with them and explain the advantages to the health of the forest by leaving the leaves in place and then selling them shredding services instead ..... maintaining the health of the forest AND giving it a classy, mulched appearance AT THE SAME TIME!!!!
  8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Pictures are a must
  9. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

It's kind of hard to get pictures right now seeing as how they won't do this until about April or May. It's also not my account... but if it was I'd sell them on wood chips for the entire area.
  10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It doesnt make much sense to take the woods natural mulch away. Just weird.