1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Clean-up Question

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Tony1045, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

Hi, Just wanted to get some opinions/suggestions. First, for my leaf clean-up system, I mostly mulch, mulch, mulch, with very little to no "removal". I use a John Deere Z-Trak with gator blades and a quick chute cover. I also mulch with an Xmark 36" W/B, gators and mulch kit. Both pretty much reduce leaves to powder, no problem, this is what my customers want. However, on a few occasions, where the leaves are REAL thick, it still leaves too much debris behind for my taste. What I'm looking for are any ideas/suggestions for picking up this mulched-up leaf debris. I'm leaning in the direction an accelerator for the JD. Thanks in advance for your time, Tony
  2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

If you are leaving to much behind for your taste then put your catcher on and cut it again to pick up everything left behind.
  3. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

Thanks, thats what I had in mind, just wanted opinions on the accelerator itself for leaf clean-ups. How does it perform ect...
  4. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i have an accelerater catcher on my Lesco w/b and it does a great job. I mulch first then catch them. If you dont mulch first you will fill the catcher up too fast. Its also very dusty. Buy the dust cover too.