Leaf clean-up trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by robertsturf, Oct 24, 2010.

1. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

This is our new leaf clean-up rig. We traded our old set-up to a guy from Memphis for this 6 x 12 dump. So we basically had to start from scratch on the leaf box. We also bought his 18hp Billy Goat with a new Vanguard Magnum engine on it. I also installed the new Piranha shredder on the impeller. All that is left is the racks for rakes and a locking back-pack blower rack that I make for all our trailers. The flash on our digital camera gave me fits because the sun is going down.

2. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

looks good Trent !, I just bought a new 18hp and I mounted it on my 6x12 open trailer. I just need to get a mesh tarp for the top of it now.
  3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good.i like it.
  4. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

AWESOME! ! CLEAN! ! GO GET IT DIRTY! ! LOL :drinkup:
  5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

This is pretty much exactly what I want to have next year. Looks really good!!!!
  6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks the great thing about the leaf trailer set-up is you don't have to dread doing the clean-ups near as much.
  7. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Trent, another Memphis guy here! That setup is boss. Would you explain exactly how the whole thing works, after you suck up the leaves? How far does the hose reach? Do you have to drive the trailer all around the yard? and how powerful is that vanguard engine? hp? Sorry for all the questions had to ask sooner or later. I want a setup like that as long as I could reach everything without driving it onto customer property.
  8. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice set up! it looks very clean and professional. does the loader swing away with the gate on the trailer?
  9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

With a set up like this you will use leaf blowers and leaf plows to get all the leaves to where the truck is parked. You can blow the leaves into the driveway, down by the road, where ever....then the truck will just vacuum up the pile. These systems aren't ment to go all over a lawn but rather park on the street/driveway and wait for the pile of leaves to come to them.
  10. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

VERY NICE I would love to have somthing like that next year or the folowing year