Leaf clean-up trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by robertsturf, Oct 24, 2010.

1. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

2. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Very professional. I load the front of my 24 foot enclosed with leaves,then shovel them out the trailers side door. Works for me. I like your rig a lot!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we just put out flyers in our bills, and took an add out in the paper which many of the clients with leaves are older and would also read the paper so.......

we are trying to build this service up quite a bit.

i concur with HP, our leaf trailer is a ready made all in one unit with a 12 in hose and a 27 hp kawi liquid cooled eninge and it is all about grinding up some leaves!

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Very nice rig! I have a loader now and plan to upgrade my trailer as I save up the $$$.

5. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice set up! should work well for leaves and make life a lot easyer! i just bought a leaf loader (my first one) and will be building a leaf box for my truck. what size thickness plywood did you use?1/2 or 3/4 inch? thanks Ben

6. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

1/2 is fine as long as your brace it well enough with 2x4's or something. That's what I did and it works fine. Hell even 3/4 will need the same amount of bracing. As long as your not shooting rocks into your leaf box or running into stuff it will be fine.

7. Ben's Landscape

Thanks. I have a sheet of the osb crap should i put that on the inside of the frount piece of plywood if i go with the 3/4 just for extra piece of mind because i would hate to blow a rock though the window of my truck! that would ruin a day!!

8. bradseabridge

that rock would have to be moving at the speed of sound to do that hahaha.

9. Ben's Landscape

to go through the osb and the 3/4 or just the 3/4? And sorry for highjacking the thread.

10. bradseabridge

hahah I have no idea.