1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

leaf cleanup billing and sops

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grassguy123, Nov 7, 2006.

1. grassguy123

grassguy123 LawnSite Member

this is my second season doing leafs...some customers want it done every week...some every other...some only when they call...some half way through and then at the end...i know a business cant run like that...ive been trying to do everyone every week, but some complain its too much money...and i bill by the hour....please share your procedures?weekly?....you bill by the hour?
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think you may have to bear with it best you can this year, I did it that way for 3-4 years until...

Now I make sure to save my winter money as priority one in spring, first thing I do is save next winter's money.
    Then I do leaves first and foremost for regular customers that have been with me at least all year.

That in and of itself fixes a lot of problems, now it's not perfect, but it helps.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

It's hard to hit everyone every week...you can spend hours on one property with leaves. I try to visit them all every 2 weeks unless other arrangements have been made. A few want and need it every week. I just go with the flow really, as long as I'm billing enough each day I don't really care what property I'm on or how often.

Leaves can result in sticker shock for the client, they're not used to you being on their property for hours and hours :laugh:

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

We do all our residential customers every 10-14 days and our commercial accts. still every week. What part of jersey you from ?

Richie K

www.kulakandcompany.com :weightlifter: